THE SOUND HEART
Ibn al-Qayyim said, “And the sound heart is the one
which is secure from
- Love of the world and
- It is safe from every harmful thing which distances it from Allaah and it is safe from every doubt that contradicts His information (i.e., Revelation).
- It is safe from every desire that opposes His command and from every wish that competes (repels) what He intends (from His servants), and
- It is also safe from
So this sound and safe heart is :
- in a paradise in this world and
- in a paradise in the barzakh and
- in a paradise on the Day ofResurrection.
The heart’s safety and soundness cannot be perfected, absolutely, until it is secure from five things:
(i) From Shirk which nullifies tawheed
(ii) From innovation which opposes the Sunnah
(iii) From a desire/ lust that…