Taqwaa has three levels
The Three levels of Piety
Taqwaa has three levels:
- Protecting the heart and limbs from sins and all forbidden matters.
- Protecting the heart and limbs form disliked matters [Makrooh].
- Protecting oneself from the fudool and what does not concern him.
- The first gives the servant his life,
- The second gives him health and strength and
- The third enables him to gain happiness, contentment and light.
Shaykhul Islaam Ibnul Qayyim . Al Fawaa-id : P 45.
Translator: Abu Abdul-Waahid, Nadir Ahmad