It opens one of the great doors of gnosis
“Imam Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyya mentions over one hundred benefits of Allah’s remembrance in his book, “Al-Wabil al-Sayyib” (The Copious Downpour). We will mention a few of them. He says:
1. It repulses, represses and breaks the resolve of Satan.
2. It pleases the Most Merciful.
3. It removes concern and gloom from the heart.
4. It brings joy, happiness and delight to the heart.
5. It strengthens the heart and the body.
6. It illuminates the face and the heart.
7. It attracts sustenance.
8. It envelopes the remembering servant in reverence, sweetness and radiance.
9. It engenders love, which is the very spirit of Islam.
10. It brings awareness of Allah’s surveillance.
11. It encourages repentance.
12. It brings nearness to Allah.
13. It opens one of the great doors of gnosis.
14. It brings about reverence, and veneration of his Lord.
15. It is coupled with Allah’s remembrance of His remembering servant, as the Most High states, “Remember Me and I will remember you.” (2:152)”
— (via islamicrays)